Partners in Energy
The City of Fridley is participating in Xcel Energy’s Partners in Energy to identify energy objectives, develop an energy action plan, and implement strategies to reduce the community’s energy use and help residents save money. The city and its energy team, comprised of residents, businesses and local institutions, are currently in a six-month planning phase (April-October) to identify our community-driven goals. Check back here in the fall for a copy of Energy Action Plan and how you can be involved during implementation.
Energy Conservation at Home
The City of Fridley HRA is offering discounted Home Energy Squad visits. A Home Energy Squad visit can help you start saving on your utility bills and get you on the path to a more comfortable home.
For only $50, a team of energy consultants will come to your home, evaluate your energy savings opportunities, and offer services:
- Installation of energy saving materials such as: door weather-stripping, a programmable thermostat, compact fluorescent light bulbs, a water heater blanket, and high-efficiency showerhead and faucet aerators.
- Perform a blower door test to measure your home for air leaks.
- Complete an insulation inspection.
- Perform safety checks on your heating system and water heater.
- Recommend cost-effective energy upgrades.
- Leave you with a report that serves as a road map for next steps you can take to make your home more energy efficient
Book your Enhanced Home Energy Squad Visit
Register online or call the Center for the Energy of Environment at 612-335-5874.
Home Energy Squad is provided in partnership between the City of Fridley Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA), CenterPoint Energy and Xcel Energy, and delivered by the Center for Energy and Environment (CEE), a Minnesota nonprofit.