The City of Fridley has developed a COVID-19 Business Assistance Grant Program, using funds received as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, to help local businesses experiencing hardships caused by the pandemic.
Applications for the grant will be available online at the City's website beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8. Applications will be accepted through 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 18. Funding is limited.
The application is now closed.
The following is a summary of eligibility and terms of the program.
- Private, for-profit businesses with a permanent physical location in Fridley
- Business in good standing with the Office of the Secretary of State
- Employ the equivalent of 100 or fewer full-time employees
- Current on all property taxes, special assessments, utilities owned and operated by the City
- Demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Home-based business ineligible, except for licenses childcare providers
- Must have been operating in Fridley for 12 months prior to the beginning of the application period
- Remain in compliance with applicable City Codes and any Special Use Permit conditions
- Up to $25,000 per grant; only a single grant per business
- Application deadline of September 18, 2020
- Fund to expended or returned by October 15, 2020
- Any grand recipient must report the nature and amount of their grant supported expenditures on form(s) provided by the City
- Grant funds cannot be used as revenue replacement for the City
- i.e. grant funds cannot be used to pay property taxes or reoccurring utility charges and fees)
Please note that you can now accept more than one CARES Act grant as long as it is used for different expenses. This means you will not be penalized if you accept an Anoka County CARES Act grant as well as one from the City of Fridley. More information can be found at AnokaCountySuccess.org/covid-19-anoka-county-business-resources.
If you have any questions, please contact either of the following City staff members: