Filing an Online Police Report
Please note: If you are reporting an in-progress incident, do not use the online reporting system. Call 9-1-1 immediately.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. If you can answer NO to the following questions, then online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- Is this an emergency?
- Did this incident occur outside the Fridley City limits?
- Are there known suspects?
- Did the crime involve the use or threat of a weapon (gun, knife or other)?
- Do you know or have any information about the person who might have committed the crime (description, name, license #, etc.)?
- Did the crime involve the theft of license plate(s) or a motor vehicle (automobile, motorcycle, etc.)?
If you answered NO to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered YES to any of the questions, please review our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Do you need to request a copy of a previously filed police report? Fill out an online form.
Report requests will be addressed in the order received. Typical response time is 1-3 business days, and up to 10 business days for involved requests.