The type of work that requires a City License in Fridley includes the following projects.
- General contractors in the business of nonresidential building construction and residential contractors with an exempt card from the State
- Masonry and brick work
- Plastering, stucco work, sheetrock taping
- Heating, ventilation and refrigeration
- Gas piping, gas services, gas equipment installation
- Oil heating and piping work
- Excavations, including excavation for footings, basements, sewer and water line installations
- Wrecking of buildings
- Sign erection, construction and repair, including billboards and electrical signs
- Blacktopping and asphalt work
- Chimney sweeps
- Tree Trimming
When hiring a contractor, be sure to verify if the contractor is in fact licensed/registered with the City. For more information on contractors, please call the Building Inspections Division at (763) 572-3604.
If you would like to verify a contractor is licensed with the State Department of Labor (DLI) call 651-284-5005 or 1-800-DIAL-DLI (1-800-342-5354). You can also verify via the State website http://www.dli.mn.gov/main.asp
City License application.